Monday, July 12, 2010

Never really thought much of rosé. Until now.

I'm into the hard stuff: dark chocolate, red wine, espresso, and (until recently) rare meat.

But we had a heat wave last week. And I fell from grace. Well, we both did.

We started drinking rosé. Specifically, Ménage à Trois, from Folie à Deux Winery in St. Helena, California.

So tonight, we had to get through the evening somehow. We took the tots to a park where there are sprays of water. And we let them run naked in the jets while we sipped rosé in our stainless steel camping wineglasses (very classy).

And I started to feel... so happy. Light and silly. And we laughed at the funny people who passed through the park: that guy in his speedo on the bicycle, and those other two guys who had shoulders big enough to fit a whole Jason inside each one. And the tots jumped under the spraying water and I watched the trees waggle their tiny friendly branches.

Who knew rosé could be so much fun?

3 comments:

segacs said...

Come over to the dark (light) side. Soon we'll have you drinking white wine. The horror, the horror!

(Hmmm, note to self, I should chill a bottle of white for the next book club meeting. It's too hot for red wine.)

Kirsten Weisenburger said...

Speaking of which, my book just shipped so it looks like I'll have it read in time. And white it is...

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!

I very much appreciate your blog, continue the great work!
What do you think of my explanations on hypnosis.