Monday, December 24, 2007

Moving the spider to a better place

J and I have both had spider dreams in the past month. My last one featured large, scary spiders. In this one, though, the spider was cute like a plush toy.

Some of the details have faded, but I came upon a huge, very elaborate spider web. I remember marveling at the repetition of precise patterns, the intelligence behind the web. But... the web was in an inconvenient place... on a building or a doorway?

Then I saw the spider responsible. It was as large as a tarantula, and had black and white shaggy fur, like a stuffed animal. The spider was equal parts horrifying and cute.

I decided that this was no place for a spider... and decided to move it somewhere less public. First I destroyed the web, then I scooped up the spider and carried it down a country road. Then the dream gets kind of fuzzy... there were more webs... and I remember growing kind of fond of the spider...

No comments: