Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Gruesomes seek funds from the CDEC

With an earnest face, Little John is explaining how their event went over budget and they were going to apply to the CDEC for funds to help with the deficit. The thing had taken place in a church basement or something, and the main expense was a fruit salad, a massive fruit salad. In my dream, my old boss Claude had forwarded my own notes to me, with his scrawled comments and questions and I was going through them, while John and Bobby explained in way too much detail what had happened, why it had gone into deficit, and why they needed the money so bad. I immediately spotted the reason for the deficit: they hadn't budgeted to pay the musicians, and the hip-hop band were insisting on getting 1500$. They were nervous. I woke up.

1 comment:

Kirsten Weisenburger said...

Weirdly, just weeks after this dream, the Gruesomes announced a show in Montreal. Their first in dogs' years.