Monday, April 7, 2008

Unpacking and packing and rushing for the train

Weeks have gone by and I haven't been able to remember one dream... well, except for a couple creepy ones, which I'd rather keep to myself...

Then last night we moved the baby out of the bedroom and *pow* the dreams came hard and fast. Which probably means I had a good night's sleep.

This is actually a variation on a recurring dream... I landed in Amsterdam with a bunch of friends, en route to taking the train to Brussels. We got off the plane and made our way to some kind of intermediate spot where we were going to rest. It was a kind of indoor/outdoor picnic area...

And then everyone started to unpack their stuff. Lots of stuff: toys, clothes, lots of useless things... we spread our stuff out over this kind of hillside and then relaxed.

Suddenly I realized it was time to pack up and get to the train station or we would miss the last train to Brussels (in real life I missed last the train from Amsterdam to Brussels and had to spend the night in Antwerp).

We were in a big hurry and had to pack up all our stuff. This was a tricky project... very chaotic. I realized that we probably weren't going to make it and started to think about low budget places to stay near the Amsterdam train station.

No comments: