Friday, June 6, 2008

Meat fest at my old friend's house

I was visiting a friend at her apartment. I was really happy to see her again, but had stayed a long time, perhaps even days, and was hoping to leave soon. I felt uncomfortable about leaving, but felt some urgency to move on (where to, I'm not sure).

At the same time as I was going to say my goodbyes, she started getting her place ready for a big party. She had these huge pieces of meat, sides of beef and other, more fancy things that she was going to cook for the party.

I had to leave but realized that she needed help with cooking what looked like very complicated meat dishes. The apartment was chaotic. I remember feeling overwhelmed and guilty. Then friends started showing up at her place; the atmosphere was warm and friendly despite the disorganization all around us.

No comments: