Monday, March 26, 2007

fragment: living in New York City

a lot had already happened in this dream, lost to the ether. I am someplace in Manhattan, with elevated highways flashing around me in concrete swirls, and I am trying to get home. Home is off island, somewhere in New Jersey, North West. I am looking at a map of the neighbourhoods up there, mine included. Each neighbourhood has its own distinctive road pattern, with a central square (actually, a circle). Mine is hardwood: and indeed, not only the map looks like hardwood, but the central square itself is made of hardwood, like a huge dancefloor. The buses don't go to the central square, but park and wait on side streets just off the central square. My map shows the bus 66 stops just near where I live. And (in my dream) the 66 leaves from the Plateau (!). So all I have to do is find out where the 66 stops here on the Plateau (in Manhattan?)... (hey, it's a dream. Leave me alone.)

No comments: