Saturday, March 17, 2007

...robbing a bank...

there had been much dream before this point, but I remember I was part of a team that was going up in several elevators to the 14th floor, which was entirely taken up with the offices of a bank or something like that. Some people were going to cause a diversion while others were going to rob certain things. As I was going up in the elevator, there were a couple of guys, maybe American tourists, with a handheld video camera, and I invited them to make a documentary of the event that was about to take place. So the elevator doors open, and we are on the 14th floor
(elevators in the middle, all offices have windows facing out from the elevator stacks). I am walking along the hallway, and I see that the diversion has started. So I dash into an office and hide behind the door. A man who seems to be the bank manager, hardly older than 25, looks up from his desk and asks me what I am doing. I motion out in the hallway, he sees the disturbance, and then dashes to the front of his desk and starts to roll up these Arctic prints, some of which are no larger than a bumber sticker. I am helping him, and get to look at one or two in detail. One I remember is a simple style, a few figures on a plain background in two or three colours: shades of orange and blue-green (unusual colours for an arctic print, I remember thinking). The figure is of a man or a dog on an ice flow and a simple house in the corner. The banker is desperate to hide the prints. There is some very very small writing on the prints, careful small letters written in sharp pencil. The town it came from was Pond Inlet. I knew that the person who wrote this was a woman. I wake up.

No comments: