Thursday, March 15, 2007

Skiing on dirt -- a.k.a. the pear dream


I dreamed that I was skiing at Whistler. I was waiting for my friends/family to show up at the lodge and decided to do a couple runs in the meantime. So I went up the lift on my own, skied down a short run and got back on the lift and went up again. This time there were big patches of well-groomed grass in the snow. I skied over it and went back down to the lift.

The third time up, I skied over to the side and there was a bridge, leading to an orchard where earthy types were grooming trees ripe with pears. This was a side project at Whistler to accommodate the resort to global warming. I went over the bridge on my skis and looked at the trees. Then I skied back to the hill, which no longer had grass nor snow, just dirt. I knew that this was the fast effect of global warming. I skied, with difficulty, over the dirt on my way back to the lodge.

No comments: