Sunday, April 22, 2007

Summer camp gone very weird

I was back at this summer camp that I went to when I was a pre-teen. In this case, it was more chaotic, and there were girls and boys sleeping in lofts or dorms. Also, we were older. Camp was winding up, or maybe I was just visiting.

There was a room with a cooler of food -- meat pies and pork. I felt guilt around the pork... I think that we had killed it ourselves. There was kind of a feeling of cannibalism around it. Also weird was that several of us had multiple syringes in our pockets that we were using occasionally to surreptitiously inject drugs.

Weirdly, the camp was religious. And the drugs were very contraband but readily available.

At one point, we went outside to ride horses. They gave me a horse that wasn't trained. It bucked every time I tried to get on it. They said I had that horse because it needed an experienced rider. I liked the horse and wanted to ride it but was a little bit afraid of it.

No comments: