Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Transfixed by a china shop

Funnily, both Jason & I had dreams about buying things and making choices last night. Maybe because we're broke, but really wanted to go shopping for books yesterday.

For my part, I was on vacation with a family... maybe one of Jason's sisters and her kids... not sure. We were in Ontario and stopped at this shop full of enticing little china things. Harkening back to an earlier version of myself (who liked to shop), I spend an irrational amount of time in the shop, hemming and hawing over things like salt and pepper shakers and weird little invented German mustard/bread baking pots.

Everyone else was out in the car waiting for me. I felt a lot of pressure to finish what I was doing and leave, but I was transfixed by all the shiny objects. Then Jason came in and was very impatient. He didn't understand or know that I was trying to decide on a gift for him, and that's why I was taking so long.

No comments: