Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Triple feature: Tuesday night special

It was a busy night in dreamland.

One:
I dreamed that I had a job at Starbuck's, a night shift from midnight to 4 a.m. The cafe was vast and it was just my friend and I who were working in it. I had no idea what I was doing, and kept getting confused. The cafe was on the ground floor of a huge office building where there were a lot of people working at night. They would all come down at once and politely stand in line a few times each night. The rest of the time the massive Starbuck's was empty.

Two:
Then the Starbuck's was situated above or below an airport. I walked around the airport and ran into my brother, who was just about to catch a flight. I knew I was supposed to be working, but instead tried to convince my brother to catch a later flight so that we could hang out for a while.

Three:
I was with some friends and strangers. We were dressed up in circus clothes, doing some kind of acrobatics. I took a series of pictures of people upside down, dancing & performing, dressed in exotic silks and jewels. The photos appeared immediately as prints and turned out really well. Then we were in some kind of class, in a loading bay about to participate in a yoga class/performance. We sat in a series of summer camp style bunk beds to watch. I fell out of a top bunk. It hurt but I started to laugh and then climbed back to my vantage point on the bunk.

No comments: